Ghent and McCue are nationally recognized appraisers of Modern & Contemporary Art, Pre-Columbian Art, and Tribal Art — including African, Oceanic, Native American, and Indonesian. Offices are located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Santa Fe, New Mexico. Mr. Ghent and Mr. McCue provide services throughout the West Coast and Southwest, and also travel nationwide.
Together, Gregory Ghent and Scott McCue, have over 70 years of experience writing professional appraisal reports. Ghent and McCue are praised for their unique expertise, comprehensive methodology, professional appraisal practice and quality reports. They come highly recommended by numerous museums, attorneys, insurance companies and accountants.
Mr. Ghent has completed the required coursework, passed the biannual exams, and is USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) compliant.
Ghent and McCue have worked with art donations to many institutions including the following:
- The Asian Art Museum, San Francisco, CA
- The Bowers Museum, Santa Ana, CA
- The Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, CA
- The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, the de Young Museum and the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, CA
- The Fowler Museum at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- The Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Center for the Visual Arts, Stanford, CA
- The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- The Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles, CA
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC
- The Smithsonian Institute, Washington DC
Recent Appraisals of Note:
- The Estate of Paul LeBaron Thiebaud, Contemporary and Tribal Art
- Mary Hunt Kahlenberg, Collection of Textiles
- Alan Renoir (son of Jean Renoir, grandson of Pierre-August Renoir), Collection of Modern Art
- Rumsey Band of the Wintun Indians, CA, Historic and Contemporary Native American Art
- The George Moscone, Dave Brubeck, and John Muir Collections at the University of the Pacific, Stockton, CA
- The Estate of Carol Summers, Santa Cruz, CA, Indian Folk Textiles, Tribal, Modern & Contemporary Art
See References for additional information